It was last June when I went to Singapore and one of the very interesting that caught my attention was its silly Laws.
For example its Illegal to chew chewing gums there. Then you may not walk around your home nude as it is considered as “Pornographic”. Then the failure to flush a public toilet after use could result in very hefty fines.
Key word here : FINES.
Do not think for a second that your can get away with because the Video Cameras is everywhere there. Like a survailence area. Sooner or later you will be caught. Your lucky if you can get away with it.
That is no wonder why Singapore is dubbed as The Fine City of Asia.
Don’t get me wrong I love Singapore and I think because of these laws it made Singapore the unique country it is.
But those are just abit part of the messed up laws. Below are some unbelievable laws are that are imposed in some parts of the world. Take note I did not make this one up, ask the judge and law makers who did so.
– In Victoria, Australia, you need a licensed electrician to change a light bulb.
– In Victoria Australia after mid day on Sunday, it’s illegal to wear pink hot pants.
– In France, it’s illegal to name a pig Napoleon.
– In Indonesia, the punishment for masturbation is death by decapitation.
– In San Salvador, drunk drivers can be sentenced to death by firing squad.
– In Bahrain, male doctors only legally examine a woman’s genitals through a mirror.
– In Afghanistan the Taliban banned women from wearing white socks, for fear men might find them attractive.
– In Lebanon men are allowed to engage in sexual intercourse with female animals. If caught with a male animal the punishment is death.
– In 1837, Egypt banned male belly dancing as it caused mass rioting.
– During World War I if you were found to be homosexual you were executed.
– Hundreds of years ago you were instantly executed if you tried to leave Japan.
– In Wetaskiwin, Alberta, Canada, in 1917, tying a male horse next to a female horse was illegal.
– In Singapore chewing gum is illegal.
– In Paraguay you can legally duel, as long as both participating players are blood donors.
– In Milan, Italy, unless going to a hospital or funeral, you have to smile or face a fine.
– In Switzerland you legally have to live within 200m of a nuclear bomb shelter.
– In Burma it is against the law to access the Internet. Anyone doing so faces prison.
– In Bangladesh you face prison time for cheating at school.
– Until 1984 in Belgium, you had to choose your child’s name off a list of 1500.
– In 1935 Romania, for fear of scaring young children, Mickey Mouse was banned.
– Due to lack of pants, Donald Duck cartoons were banned in Finland.
– The only country in the world to never. have censorship for adult films is Belgium.
– In 1979 Iraq banned karate movies. .
– It was once illegal to own a pet dog in Iceland.
– In 1471 Switzerland, the Cockerel was found guilty of “In defiance of natural law” by laying an egg. It was executed.
– In Stelvio, Italy, 1519, a gang of moles that had damaged crops was given an arrest warrant. They never showed up for court.
– In Seville, Spain, in 1983, a German Sheppard was arrested for stealing woman’s handbags.
– In Turkey, it was illegal to drink coffee during the 16th and 17th century. It was punishable by death.
-2000 years ago in Rome, Julius Caesar banned chariots from Rome city centre to ease congestion.
– In Switzerland, it use to be illegal to slam a car door.
-In Denmark, you legally have to check under your car for children asleep before you start it.
-In Denmark it is not against the law to escape from prison.
-In Bermuda, private cars were illegal until 1948
-In the days of Sparta, if you were male you legally had to consume 2 pounds of meat a day.
So there you go guys some messed up laws of the world right now. If you have a good laugh then we are glad that you did. This was made for your enertainment. This website is updated daily just for you.
Abdul Malik Omar
The AMO Times
The AMO Times is ©2011 copyright has exclusively given permission for it to be displayed on this website.
Copyright infringement is a criminal offense.
Please do share this message to your friends and families through Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and in Youtube. Stay tuned to The AMO Times. Where we bring in Entertainment News that matters to You.